How Do I Prepare My Thesis Defense Presentation Speech?
Do you have a thesis defense presentation speech coming up, but have no idea what the correct preparations are for such an event? There are a few things that you can do to tilt the odds of success in your favor. Even if they are titled only just a little bit, it’s certainly worth doing. Read the rest of this article for some useful hints and tips that can be implemented when getting ready for your thesis defense presentation speech:
- Time: it is important to pour a great deal of time into the event so that you can be ready. You have to understand that you might make mistakes on the big day. And in order to avoid that practice will be key.
- Questions: there will most likely be a questions and answer section of the presentation at the end. This can be the hardest part if you are not well prepared, and it can be the biggest source of marks also. Examiners will attempt to ask the questions that might trip you up. Therefore, you have to be ready for them and the best way to do that is background reading. By having an in depth understanding of your work you’ll be able to understand what it takes to answer all of the questions.
- Friends: practice the presentation in front of your friends and they can give you some advice. It is best to practice it with the students that are in your class as they will be the ones that have a great understanding of your project.
- Past years: if there are students that have worked on such a project in past years, then you can get their insights and advice try to track down any students in older classes that have worked on similar titles to your one. You’ll see that there are plenty of sources to get help if you just take the time to look for it.
- Video sites: try to find a few videos that show presentations of the nature that you will be doing. These are great if you are interested in taking a look at what you’ll be expected to do in your own project. You’ll locate these via the search engines on the front page.